There are car rental companies that do not allow people under 25 to hire one because they considered them a huge responsibility. Yet, there are some other ways to get pass the issue for the reason that you are able to meet certain requirements and pay some extra money for the approval.
1. You have to guarantee you meet the standard requirements because there are car companies that will permit those under 25 to rent a car but never to those who are under 21. You must provide them your driver’s license with unblemished records, own auto liability insurance and your credit card. But remember that these important things must be your own name, even if you may be permitted to hire if you’re included in your parents’ liability and collision insurance policy.
2. You must study and go through various local rental services, their quotes and policies. Many of the car service overcharge drivers under 25. These car costs charged on top of the vehicle’s normal rental rate and can be as high as an additional $30 per day.
3. You have to rent a car in a state wherein they allow younger drivers. For an instance, Alabama don’t allow car rental to people under 25, while New York has a minimum age requirement of only 18. Even if it is very hard to find rentals that permits drivers under 21, it is still best to ask around if you are in a state that allows it.
4. You must be careful when choosing a car. Go for standard-size car like the economy or compact. If you are a driver under 25, you are not allowed to hire SUVs, sports cars or luxury cars.
5. You can register at Hertz #1 Club Gold. Their annual membership will cost you $60 which gives you special savings and discount and no surcharges for drivers over 21. Savings apply to cars rented throughout the country, and may be the only ticket for drivers under 25 to rent a car at the airport, where restrictions are very high.
6. You can stick with smaller companies if the cost is negotiable. Rent-a-Wreck car service like car hire Icelandcaters college students and can be a good choice for you. They wide arrays of cars are slightly old but in very good condition. Moreover, you can search car rental services in rural area or small town where many local offices are independent business and do not have to comply with corporate or state policies.